6 Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, 7 “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
8 Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things? 9 Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’? 10 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man, 11 “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” 12 He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!”
Jesus Heals a Paralytic Mark 2: 1-12
1. How would you feel if you were the paralytic when your friends decided to help you "drop in on Jesus"?
2. Why did Jesus say to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are fogiven"?
3. Why did the teachers of the Law get so upset?
4. What exactly is the miracle here?
5. What new insight about himself and the Kingdom is Jesus revealing?