St. Peter's Alberton is the third St. Peter's Church in our Parish. The first St. Peter's was built in 1865 on the outskirts of town and sold to be used as a house when the second St. Peter's opened in the town of Alberton in 1891, located on the corner of corner of Main and Church Streets. In 1927 a great fire burned the east side of Main Street - burning all the buildings including the church. Immediately a committee was struck to build a new church, the third St. Peter's which opened in the fall of 1929.
In the 1980's a new foundation was placed under the church to create a Hall with kitchen; Sunday School room, Washrooms, Office, etc.
Below photo of the present St. Peter's taken not long after construction in 1929. This photos comes from http://peihistoricplaces.ca/index.php3?number=1029174&lang=E