- Members of the Congregation of Christ Church, Kildare Capes are very happy about the appearance of their church which is to be reopened on Sunday. The original church at Kildare Capes was lost by fire which occurred when the men shingling the roof were home to lunch. The present church was formerly the Methodist Church at Montrose which was hauled to the site by the late Spurgeon Jeffery about twenty-five years ago. The interior was renovated to chancel style at that time.
The present redecoration includes the replacement of all window. After the plaster was removed dry wall construction was used. The walls are a grey tone which offsets very well the varnished hardwood ceilings and the grained and varnished wainscotting and seats.
The congregation, which consists of only fifteen families, is to be congratulated on such a large undertaking.
The Rte. Rev. R.H. Waterman, who will be making his episcopal visitation to the parish on Sunday, will rededicate the church in the afternoon and be the special preacher.
Rev. J.R. McMahon, the rural dean of Prince Edward Island, is the rector.
Article comes from "The Guardian" Oct. 16, 1953
Photos by Reg Porter. c. 1980s