Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Joint Parish Service at St. Luke's and Rededication of Hall
We had a wonderful service at St. Luke's O'Leary on Sunday morning! We were honoured with the presence of The Right Reverend Bishop Sue Moxley who conducted the service along with Rev. Andrew, Lay Reader Jan and Altar Server Olivia. The church was full and the music was wonderful, provided by Adrienne, Perry and Claude along with the children's band.
Following the service the St. Luke's Hall rededication was conducted by Bishop Sue and Rev. Andrew with guest speakers, Hon. Robbie Henderson, MLA and Minister of Tourism, Brenda Profitt, Local Development Officer, along with Perry and Adrienne who thanked all those who donated time and effort to see the project through to completion.
Above: The Choir getting ready for the service.
Above: Rev. Andrew & Perry.
Above: The Children's Band leads the singing of This Little Light of Mine.
Above: Bishop Sue rededicates St. Luke's Hall.
Above: L-R: Lay Reader Jan, Bishop Sue, Rev. Andrew.
St. Luke's Hall has recently gone through a major renovation and improvement. The Hall was originally a horse barn for the Church parishioners. In the 1950's it was moved around to its present location and a new wood floor was installed in time for Colston and Helen Wood's wedding. The Hall has served parishioners and the community for more than 60 years and with the new renovations will serve for many, many more years to come.
Following the rededication of the Hall we had a wonderful potluck lunch followed by a Kitchen Party!