Burying Time Capsule

Burying Time Capsule
1859 - 150th Anniversary of Parish - 2009 (photo by Scott & Debbie Travers )

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Praying Each Day for September 6


1 On this day in 1997, the funeral of Diana,
the young Princess of Wales, was held
in Westminster Abbey. The following
words were sung, and they can be our
words of commitment today:

2 I would be true
- for there are those who trust me.
I would be pure
- for there are those who care.
I would be strong
- for there is much to suffer.
I would be brave
- for there is much to dare.

3 I would be friend of all,
the foe, the friendless.
I would be giving,
and forget the gift.
I would be humble,
for I know my weakness.
I would look up,
laugh, love and live


------------------------------------------------
This is an excerpt from the page for this date in
‘Praying Each Day of the Year’,
a 3-volume book 
by Nicholas Hutchinson, FSC. 
For details: 
http://www.matthew-james.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment