Burying Time Capsule

Burying Time Capsule
1859 - 150th Anniversary of Parish - 2009 (photo by Scott & Debbie Travers )

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Grail Prayer


1- Yesterday marked the birthday in the year 1515 of St Teresa of Avila, in Spain.
She wrote: 
2- Christ has no body on earth now but ours: 
no hands but ours, no feet but ours. 
Ours are the eyes 
through which Christ’s compassion
 is to look upon the world. 
Ours are the feet
with which he is to go about doing good. 
Ours are the 
hands with which he is to bless others now. 

3- Let us pray: 
Lord Jesus, 
I give you my hands - to do your work. 
I give you my feet - to go your way.
I give you my eyes - to see as you do.
I give you my tongue - to speak your words.
I give you my mind - that you may think in me.
I give you my spirit - that you may pray in me.
Above all, I give you my heart that you may love, in me, your Father and all mankind.
 I give you my whole self that you may grow in me, so that it is you, Lord Jesus, who live and work and pray in me.
Amen.
  Grail Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment